I was recently pondering the same question and came to conclusion that
price-quality seems to support my current selection. So, I am offering my
facts.

Fine Offset WS1080 (sold under many names). It seems to have a problem with
USB port lockups. It can be remedied by automatically restarting it. It is
said this can happen on a montly basis. OK, so that is sort of
half-negative. If one has the right USB Hub, WeeWX can restart Weather
station should a problem arise. For now, I can not comment on USB recovery,
only that the problem existed on my original station.

Shortest WeeWx read interval is 5 minutes. External sensors update the
display every 6 seconds (or something like that) so it captures wind gusts.
Minus: no extra sensors can be added.

Our was bought over 8 years ago. External sensors were under influence of
harsh small island sea atmosphere, strong winds (100 km/h) and strong sun.
And our cats who came to be fatal to it. Windex ball bearing rusted after
few years - after replacing it, all was well. Display fell down almost 2
meters to a hard wood floor (a curious kitten was to blame) and got a tiny
spill damage on the screen. Still works perfectly. After some years,
external humidity sensor started showing 20% more, which is common for this
type of sensor. Internal humidity sensor works perfectly. One external
cable got damaged by the sun, can be easily fixed. Solar charged batteries
(I used quality NiMh) powering external sensors, lost power over night for
the first time a day before removal! Measurements are verified to be
correct. Sun shield for the external temperature sensor is far from perfect
but can be separated over 1 meter from the rain and wind sensors which is a
huge plus! After 8 years: apart from these problems, it stil works
perfectly fine.

It was replaced 3 weeks ago. Why? Cats lost the windex arrow and somehow
chew off one wind speed paddle (wind speed still works perfectly fine). One
cable needs to be refited into a plug. Humidity is off 20%. We replaced it
with the same model, but from a different "brand". Regular EU price
available to us is 130€. The new one was bought for 100€.

The old one will be reused at another location, where windex and external
humidity are irrelevant. Intereseting fact: the new model from a different
vendor would not recognize sensors from the old one. Apart from that, they
look identicall.

I would buy it again.