I should add (and I'll try to post each of my notes only once --
something is wrong where there are multiple copies of many of your
messages, so it would be good if you looked into and fixed that):

I make plots of solar radiation and UV from my archive, and decided to
plot them together and made up factor for plotting -- without claiming
that it's meaningful, just to get things at a similar scale to look at.
Basically when I started plotting, I picked a pure sunny day and
divided, and used that.

It's clear that the actual ratio of irradiance to UV index changes
between winter and summer (for the daily peaks).  This isn't really
surprising, as the peak sun angle is much lower in winter and either of
these being angle dependent isn't odd, but it was interesting to see.