A word of advice, be very, very careful if taking this approach to correct
an apparently wrong observation. Whilst the resulting number may be correct
for that particular observation such a correction may well result in errors
being introduced elsewhere. If a driver is reporting an incorrectly
converted or scaled observation the correct (and safe) solution is to fix
the driver.

Gary