*I want to use Weewx on a Pi to g**rab **Acurite sensor **data** through *
*a**n **Acurite Bridge. *

I’ve gotten the following to work, so far:

   -

   Installed and configured *Rasbian* on a *Pi 4B*.
   -

   Installed and configured *Weewx*.
   -

   Installed *Interceptor* and configured it in *Listen* mode.
   -

   Ensured that *Acurite Bridge* (old firmware: 126) is visible and talking
   on my network.

I’ve read and generally understand all of the *Interceptor* documentation plus
*How to get data from an Acurite **B**ridge*
https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/acuritebridge, and also other blogs and
support forums on the topic.

I understand that I need to make a DNS override entry in my router’s
configuration to point hubapi.myacurite.com to my Pi and also to ensure
that traffic on Port 80 goes to *Interceptor*. I assume that this is the
same as *DNS Hijacking* referred to on other blogs.

I have a Netgear D2200D DSL Modem/Router provided by Frontier, my ISP. I
live in a very rural area and have no other options.

*Questions:*

   1.

   Can someone help with how and where to set the DNS override?
   2.

   Is it even possible to configure the Netgear modem/router to do a DNS
   override?
   3.

   Would I need a more robust router running OpenWRT or Tomato?
   4.

   Would it just be simpler to trash the Acurite Bridge and go with SDR?
   https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/sdr-rpi-recipe

Any thoughts?