Not sure on DNS hijack for your frontier modem and I don't have an
Acurite.  But you could use the RPI to do the DNS rerouting, maybe use the
Ethernet port for the Bridge and WiFi to connect to your internet???

Searching around in here I found this chain that might help:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/weewx-user/BCFAiYM8YuI/Fp4ADSyMCAAJ;context-place=topic/weewx-user/_uvHJF8M90w