Ok, thanks, the issue is that the http posts being intercepted by the
interceptor driver do not contain a ‘rainin’ field. When used with the Ecowitt
client the interceptor driver relies on being able to calculate the difference
between successive rainin values to determine the rainfall per packet. No
rainin means no (field) rain. No rain field translates to nulls in the rain
field in your database (as distinct from zero).

What to do? I know nothing of your station so i don’t know if the lack of a
rainin in the http post is expected behaviour or not. At the moment the use of
rainin to calculate rain is hard coded in the interceptor driver. It is also
possible to calculate rain from any of the other cumulative rain fields in the
http post (day, month and year for example) but (I believe) this will require
changes to the interceptor driver rather than just adding an entry to the field
map in weewx.conf. Probably one for Matthew or some of the others more familiar
with the interceptor driver.

Gary