JD said that he “suspects” that would be the right change.  It would help if
you tested it, but be prepared for it not to work or break the driver.  Save
the original version of the file, and restart weewx after changing it in order
to load the new version.

The location of the driver can depend on the type of OS and how you installed
weewx.  On my raspberry pi, it is /usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/ws28xx.py.

  -Les