On 31/03/2020, Bret Craytor <bretcray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ) pop up (two addresses if in between two reed switches they both close).

Is there something missing before that text?

> so, in my data,

What data is this? The diagram with DS2401 id's or output of owfs.py or...?

> if A is north 01.B5374A040000 returns as the address, if North by NE then
> both 01.B5374A040000 and 01.B2374A040000 return as addresses.

This is encouraging, especially if it's owfs.py returning them on a
sensor query.

>  I guess I  can really try to fumble thru writing code,

I'm willing to help, I have a reasonable understanding of owfs.py
having tweaked it for my own purposes.
I've ordered some DS2406's and DS2401's but I imagine they'll take a
month to arrive, if ever given the current situation.

> I was just sure that as long as
> weewx has been out there, that someone else had already got this to work
> and I wouldn't be recreating the wheel.

Not much 1-wire stuff around any more, sadly it's been left behind. It
was probably embraced by the electronics buffs / hacker space more
than those who actually wanted a weather station. Thankfully weewx
arrived and mwall & co put together the owfs.py driver.

> The unit is in near new condition,
> with only some dust on it and a very little warp of the wind vane feather
> which does not alter function.  Really would like to get it out on a pole
> on the top of my castle, LOL.  I certainly appreciate all your input, and I
> had found those articles as well, just couldn't find any code for the reed
> switch wind vane..  Am I right that OWW is written in C and WEEWX in
> python?

Mint condition! Definitely worth doing.
Correct , OWW is in C, WeeWX is in python.

Until the chips arrive here, and in the absence of help from other
quarters we should be able to do something in python.
If the results that you have already are from your own coding
endeavours then we're well advanced.
If they aren't and you're happy to expose the weather station to shell
access. eg:- Connect it to a firewalled Pi and punch a hole for ssh
access then we can tackle it that way.

If either of those options suit, contact me off list. If (when) we get
something we can post the result back to the list and add it to
owfs.py... for all the other original Dallas weather station owners
:-))

--

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie