Quote from yr.no website: -

*"A new Yr API is on the way!*

We are working on a new and modern API, that we plan to release some time
in the winter 2019. Make sure you visit this site to keep posted!"

I am not sure why metric only is so much of a problem anyway, but maybe
that will be fixed in the new API anyway.

>From a personal point of view, I use forecasting services from YR DarkSky,
WU, and UK Metoffice. I know it can be subjective but for my location YR is
by far the most accurate.

Ian