Hi,

The only way that something historical would be pulled from the console and
placed in the archive would be if WeeWX was doing a catchup on startup, and
then WeeWX would only catchup records timestamped after the most recent
record in your archive and the catchup would only occur if your station had
a logger/memory and supported a catchup. Catching up back to 2013 I would
suggest is beyond all of the stations currently supported by WeeWX. Most
likely what has happened is that the data appeared to be deleted but in
fact it was not and when you subsequently made copies of your database you
just copied a database that included the erroneous data.

I would suggest repeating the process this time screen capturing everything
you do (and the responses as well). The broad process I would use is:

1. backup your database
2. query your database to find the erroneous data
3. run your update query to remove the erroneous data
4. query your database again to confirm you have indeed removed the
erroneous data
5. if you wish make another backup/shuffle your databases
6. drop then rebuild your daily summaries
(6.5 if really paranoid query your database again to confirm the erroneous
data has been removed from the archive and the rain daily summary table
archive_rain_day)
7. run wee_reports or start WeeWX normally and wait for the reports to be
generated

If the data is still there post all of your commands and the responses.

Gary