I would like to merge 2 weewx SQLite databases. I am currently planning to
use the wee_import function. Is there a better way to do this?

The back story here is that I recently got a new desktop. I installed the
latest version of weewx and had it running in short order. I have my old
weewx SQLite database. I'd like to keep all that data. As noted, I was
going to just use wee_import to the new database after extracting the
records from the old one. But given that  it appears that these are of the
same format is there an easier way to do this?  I've been running the new
system for a couple of weeks so swapping out databases may be an option but
I'd like to keep those 2 weeks of data. These files are Linux based.

Any suggestions or ideas for ease of effort would be appreciated.