Nigel,

A comma can certainly cause a problem, the config file parser will treat
the comma in the setting as a delimiter and return two settings. If you
want your comma back you should be able to put it back if you enclose the
entire setting in quotes, eg:

    [[Text]]
        text = "Real Time Gauges - Local Time is %H:%M, Next gauge update
in..."

Gary