I should say that in the first test, I saw the disconnect and reconnect and
processing pick back up.
I did a couple more tests. First, just stop publishing. No disconnect,
MQTTSubscribe waited until the next message. No surprise there. Next I shut
the broker down. Again, I saw MQTTSubscribe disconnect and reconnect and
continue processing.
So, I think the reconnect logic is working, but there still might be some
other real world case that could cause a problem.