appTemp is best translated with "Gefühlte Temperatur".

I would have to look it up in the weewx code, but I think it's calculated
based on temperature, humidity and wind.
appTemp can be higher or lower than the temperature.

Windchill is normally (always?) lower than the temperature. It's therefore
primarily used in winter. At least in the German news I only hear about it
in winter.

Heat Index is the opposite. It's normally (always?) higher than the
temperature. It useful in the summer.

Other people might want to add or correct me here!

As mentioned: appTemp get's closest to what we refer to as "Gefühlte
Temperature" in Germany (and hopefully also in Switzerland).
Have you tried to put appTemp in your chart? Does the value correspond to
the other value on your page?