Hi you Weewx experts!

first I would like to say, that my station ( a WS2900 clone) is not that
sophisticated, especially concerning wind speed and direction. There are
many tall trees around, being closer than their 10fold height, so that the
wind is often much smoother and more disturbed than on top of the trees.
However, I still would like to compare the data to the data provided by
local weather forecasters. Commonly the wind is announced in the literally
equation of the predicted Beaufort value. So, they talk of "fresh breeze",
when wind with 5 bft is expected. Therefore I wanted to display the wind
data in bft and its literal equivalent also. In Weewx 3 I adopted the
solution found here:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/weewx-user/b7TqpYD9sxY/discussion
which works fine so far.
After upgrading to Weewx 4 I found a new entry in

[StdWXCalculate]
    [[Calculations]]
          beaufort = prefer_hardware

which raised the question, if I could replace the previous solution by that
introduced in version 4.
I expected, that there would be an option in the [[[Units]]] section to
chose 'beaufort' instead of 'knot'. But this is not offered in the options
there. Anyway, this would not be the solution, because I want to see the
wind speed as it is actually shown, and *in addition *in terms of Beaufort.
This should also be shown in an extra graph over time.

Does anyone have a clue, how to manage this?