I am not familiar with the tag $current_beaufort. Is that part of some
extension skin?

Unfortunately, a wind gust in beaufort would not work that way. To do that
would require extending the unit system, to allow beaufort to be used as a
new unit type, which is not a bad idea. Unfortunately, it's a bit
problematic, because wind speed expressed in Beaufort no longer takes a
unit label (such as m/s), so would require some code changes to make sure
that didn't happen.

I'll have to think about all this.

-tk