My apologies all round Bill, a few typos and a wrong assumption about
package installs - have rewritten and simplfied the GitHub readmes this
afternoon. They should be correct now. Perhaps a bit late now but to run
the driver directly the following should work:

$ PYTHONPATH=/usr/share/weewx python -m user.gw1000 --help

When you used wee_config --reconfigure to reconfigure WeeWX to use the
driver it should have prompted you for the IP address, unfortunately I
included --no-prompt in the wee_config command and that left you with no IP
address set (in which case the driver uses the first GW1000 that replies).
You can run the following command and step through the prompts until you
are asked for an IP address and then enter the IP address of the GW1000 you
wish to use:

$ wee_config --reconfigure --driver=user.gw1000

Alternatively you can just edit weewx.conf and add a line ip_address under
[GW1000]:

[GW1000]
    ip_address = 1.2.3.4

Either way you will need to restart once you have set the IP address.

Gary