If all you want is temperature/humidity then just get an outdoor
temp/humidity sensor that is wireless (I have four acurite temp/humidity
sensors) and use the SDR driver to capture the data. You'll also need to
get an antenna to capture that data. Here are some good instructions
(https://github.com/bdwilson/acurite) on everything needed.