Just to clear up obtaining heatindex and windchill from Davis hardware.
Irrespective of any other settings, the only way you will get hardware
provided heatindex and windchill from a Davis station is if you have WeeWX
use the LOOP2 packet data from the console/logger. This is because
heatindex and windchill are not included in the ARCHIVE record and LOOP
packet provided by the console/logger. To use LOOP2 data the user must make
a change to weewx.conf, a default install will use LOOP packet and ARCHIVE
record data from the console/logger and not LOOP2 data.

Based upon what you have posted so far my guess is the WeeWX is not
receiving heatindex/windchill data from the console/logger and hence WeeWX
is calculating both.

Gary