I have made the necessary changes to my weewx.conf, and everything is now
working with the derived values coming from the hardware. FWIW, the current
values of outside temperature and RH are respectively 55.5 °F  and 78 %,
with the wind having moderated a bit to 5 mph. Wind chill and heat index
are both shown as 55.0 °F, which makes more sense to me, in the light of
the Davis documentation. Thanks to all for the input!