You do not want the PIL version. It is very out of date. You want Pillow.
What exactly did you try? If you tried to install PIL, then tried to
install Pillow, it's possible you left parts of PIL behind, and now have a
mixture.

What do you get for this:

*python3 -c "from PIL import ImageDraw; print(dir(ImageDraw))"*
*python3 -c "import PIL; print(PIL.__version__)"*
*python3 -m pip list*

-tk