The the ESP just reads the SHT35 in a given interval and publishes the
reading, nothing else. No calibration necessary, the sensor is really as
good as advertised in the data sheet. And only the outHumidity values of
the station are off when humidity > 80%rh, other values are pretty much
accurate and even outHumidity is very accurate below 80%rh. Since I don't
attach too much importance on historical humidity readings, mixing up
different source from time to time is no big deal for me. We're talking
about >99% availability with the less reliable sensor. But the current
dewpoint and windchill are interesting for me, which both require some
realistic humidity values.

"Ok, but I am not sure what ‘prefer_hardware’ has to do with things; it is
not the same as hardware record generation nor does ‘prefer_hardware’ have
anything to do with corrections. ‘prefer_hardware’ is used with the
StdCalculate service, corrections are used with the StdCalibrate service
and hardware or software record generation is used with the StdArchive
service."

Thanks for pointing out.