It's a little unclear if IBM will keep to the centos-7 EOL date of 2024 or
not, if that helps any.  While we know centos-8 will essentially become
rhel-next-rolling-release-candidate, they haven't said what they'll do with
centos-7 moving forward as far as I've heard.  Maybe that helps a little.

But fortunately weewx doesn't care what os you're on as long as you meet
the python prerequisites.

I 'did' verify at $work that Oracle Linux seeeeeeems to be equally
indistinguishable from RHEL like CentOS is, so that is definitely an option
short term, if you want to deal with 'that' evil empire.   They also
quickly published a script to convert your CentOS setup to a OL setup, but
I didn't test that.   Personally I'd flatten+reload it if you wanted to go
that way.  I found some upgrade scenarios didn't get quite an identical
result under the hood as a clean flatten+load did.