Hello!

Sorry if this topic has already been addressed, but googling gave only
partial help. I've now managed to set up WeeWX on two Raspberries to record
my Vantage Vue weather station feeds, one remote with 2.6 sec intervals and
the second local with 1 minutes interval. I'm now deliberating the
dashboard options. I'd like to have the following features:

   - a publicly accessible webpage (or site) displaying the weather data,
   including the fast 2.6-sec interval data in near real time.
   - Graphs of the various weather parameters, preferably with some
   interactive features such as day/week/month, pan- and-zoom (to drill into
   past weather events).
   - In the future, add one or two additional station feeds, also with near
   real time capability.

So far, thanks to the good strategy notes on the WeeWX wiki, I've
identified three basic options for this "dashboard engine":

   1. This option would use the built in database features of WeeWX and
   open a port on my local RPI which runs a web server on my local LAN. Likely
   challenges are combining the data of several station feeds, and handling IP
   addressing and security (no previous experience of dynamic DNS setup)?
   2.  use a dashboard service such as Meteotemplate to host the dashboard.
   Likely challenges are combining feeds from several stations, as well as the
   near real time display?
   3.  build a system where both RPIs act as MQTT clients, feeding data to
   an MQTT broker residing e.g. on one of the RPIs. Then build a dashboard
   MQTT client/webserver subscribing to the broker's data. Likely challenges
   are the steepness of the learning curve, combined display of real time and
   archived data, and I've so far not found a complete tutorial-style
   description to use as template and perhaps save some work hours.

For option 3, I already happen to have a webhotel subscription which
includes domain name, PHP capability and (just one) MySQL database, but no
experience yet in building my own webserver, let alone  MQTT-connected.

So your advice about the feasibility and possible pitfalls of these (or
other) options is highly appreciated! Also if I'm completely off track,
please let me know. Thanks in advance!