I've just looked at my installation.
I think the only missing step is to include the extension in the weewx.conf:

#   This section configures the internal weewx engine.

[Engine]

    [[Services]]
        # This section specifies the services that should be run. They are
        # grouped by type, and the order of services within each group
        # determines the order in which the services will be run.
        prep_services = weewx.engine.StdTimeSynch
        data_services = ,
        process_services = user.radiationhours.RadiationHours,
weewx.engine.StdConvert, weewx.engine.StdCalibrate, weewx.engine.StdQC,
weewx.wxservices.StdWXCalculate
        #        process_services = weewx.engine.StdConvert,
weewx.engine.StdCalibrate, weewx.engine.StdQC,
weewx.wxservices.StdWXCalculate
        archive_services = weewx.engine.StdArchive
        restful_services = weewx.restx.StdStationRegistry,
weewx.restx.StdWunderground, weewx.restx.StdPWSweather,
weewx.restx.StdCWOP, weewx.restx.StdWOW, weewx.restx.StdAWEKAS,
user.mqtt.MQTT, user.windy.Windy, user.wcloud.WeatherCloud,
user.twitter.Twitter, user.wetter.Wetter, user.owm.OpenWeatherMap
        report_services = weewx.engine.StdPrint, weewx.engine.StdReport