I read the readme.txt at https://github.com/glennmckechnie/weewx-owfs.
In fact several times.
I'm sorry but it is not clear to me what I'm supposed to do. Although
I'm currently running Simulator, whenever I enable the line in
weewx.conf that says
[Engine]
         data_services = user.owfs.OWFSService
it crashes weewx, with several lines of errors (posted above in
entireity) but the main ones seem to be:
CRITICAL __main__:     ****  No one-wire library found
CRITICAL __main__:     ****  ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ow'
CRITICAL __main__:     ****  ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyownet'
 all this even though I have installed (several times now) pyownet and ow.
sudo apt-get install python-ow
sudo apt-get install pyownet #NOT FOUND SO USED:
pip3 install pyownet
wee_extension --install weewx-owfs.zip
Even before all this, my i2c-1 (Sheepwalk rpi3v2) was serving up the 4
DS18B20's I hooked up to my browser at http://192.168.2.108:2121/
It is just that the weewx 4 that crashes with the above errors. I
cannot follow the rest of these notes about weewx4/python3/buster
problems. I've about got your readme.txt memorized.
Also, my station type will not be OWFS, it will be a Davis and extra
measurements will be gotten through the i2c-1 ow device.
Rebooting one last time...