'deprecated' means it still works now, but the functionality will be
removed in a 'future' major release.

Did you try the commands as written ?
Did they work ?
Did you successfully install weewx or did it not install with a complaint
about the package not being signed ?

There was a thread on this last week (link)
<https://groups.google.com/g/weewx-user/c/Xy84JdeG3aw/m/lovffCnvAQAJ> that
I posted a workaround (how to force it) and the future way they want you to
do it (what we'll need to do in the next debian release).