- You can call the mqtt topic you publish to anything you want, just
   make sure weewx subscribes to that topic of course.
   - You might want to name your debug nodes explicitly but that's just
   nice to have for viewing the debug output

Basically go as simple as possible first before adding in the mqtt publish
at the end.

   - I'd suggest detaching your function node (for now) and see if the
   simple variant I did works for you first.
   - You could also detach the mqtt publish node (for now) until your debug
   node output looks correct.

Go with stuff-comes-in, convert-to-json, grab-the-desired-subset, and see
what the debug nodes show you in/between/after each element.

Step through it.