I just browsed through the WeeWX Weather 34 code and saw calls to the WeeWX
rsync upload code with the port forced to None. That will cause the rsync
uploader (used by the Weather 34 code) to always use port 22. Setting the
port number under [StdReport] [[RSYNC]] only affects rsync reports runs
under the WeeWX StdReport service (ie it will have no impact on the Weather
34 code).

So yes in all likelihood your issue is with the Weather 34 code and not
WeeWX.

Gary