I'm sorry but I don't see what a wind plot has to do with wee_import.
Looking at the sample data you posted earlier your wind direction data
appears to be in degrees so you would be using something like the following
in your field map:

        windDir = xxxxxx, degree_compass
        windGustDir = yyyyyy, degree_compass

substituting the field names you wish to use from your source data for
xxxxxx and yyyyyy.

Or are you asking something completely different?

Gary