i reported earlier that i got a burst of weewx restarts by vantage driver when
my extra vp2 station (wireless temp) battery started reporting low (i hadn’t
noticed until this thread started). tom’s new retry patch not applied. this
happened a second time recently viz. burst of restart activity when extra
station reported low battery. nothing to do with power supplies or reboots, i
am more inclined to point to an envoy or data logger/usb firmware bug (they are
more than 15yo).
(it is possible this firmware bug could lead to phantom battery low reports; i
think more likely they were genuine battery low events driving the error)

sadly this extra wireless vp2 station has just been borked - it was under water
for a week in 2010 floods (i mounted it higher after that :-) but a few days
ago couldn’t survive 2-3 tonnes of tree branch crushing it on rocks. it will be
replaced by a much much cheaper ecowitt remote temp probe (i run dual
vp2/gw1000)