In the skin.conf, make sure the added sensors are listed/added in:

 observations_current =
 plot_groups =

e.g. add them like this:
    plot_groups = extraHumid1, extraTemp2, extraHumid2, soilMoist1,
soilMoist2,

Given that your station driver or in case of sdr the sensor map has any
data input for these values.

Not sure about the public/private page thing, you could use an additional
skin for all values and protect the web output folder for this skin with
htpasswd.