The below 3 lines (I put blank lines between them for readability) from my weewx.log, regarding my AmbientWeather WS-2902C weather station:

Jul 5 23:00:30 kruse-pi weewx[701] INFO weewx.restx:
Windy: Published record 2022-07-05 23:00:00 EDT (1657076400)

Jul 5 23:00:30 kruse-pi weewx[701] INFO weewx.restx:
WindGuru: Published record 2022-07-05 23:00:00 EDT (1657076400)

Jul 5 23:00:30 kruse-pi weewx[701] INFO weewx.restx: CWOP: Published record 2022-07-05 23:00:00 EDT (1657076400)

There are many others but that is a simple example of three weather sites where I am pushing weather data.

This instance of Weewx is running on a Raspberry PI 4B 8GB running a 1TB SSD (rather than a micro SD card) for performance reasons.

Also on that same RPI, I have Home Assistant Supervised running in a docker.

I don't care what the mechanism is other than something elegant (ideally by listening to network traffic, not by log scraping), reliable and lightweight, but I am trying to determine the best way to be notified within Home Assistant the most recent time I have sent data to each of these websites, being updated each time another API call is successfully made.

Home Assistant supports MQTT, but out of the box functionality for weewx as I understand it MQTT is only available for sending the weather data to destination/s via MQTT, not reporting when RESTful API calls are successfully published, which is the notification I need. Is there an extension for this or would it be something I need to create myself (notifications about successful API calls)?

Best Regards,

-R. Kruse Ludington

📱(M): +1.201.925.4410
📞(O): +1.862.308.7040