Windows 10 has ssh built into its powershell terminal. This is my little
checklist I use for all my ubuntu based distributions.

Create SSH Keys & harden SSH Access

1. First ensure you have a RSA key generated on your windows 10 workstation
2. On the remote server, create the ssh directory and authorized_keys file
mkdir -p ~/.ssh
touch ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
3. Run this command on your PC in powershell replacing SERVER
type $env:USERPROFILE\.ssh\id_rsa.pub | ssh SERVER " cat >>
.ssh/authorized_keys"
4. login to the console of the new server and harden SSH
a. sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
i. PasswordAuthentication no
ii. PermitEmptyPasswords no
iii. MaxAuthTries 3
iv. ClientAliveInterval 300   #5 minute idle timeout
v. ClientAliveCountMax 3
vi. PermitRootLogin no
vii. AllowUsers %USERNAME%
b. sudo systemctl reload sshd.service

All you need to do in Windows is start powershell and type ssh
USERNAME@server and you are in

DDJ