On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 8:27:00 AM UTC-7 joh...@kd2gyo.com wrote:

> Thanks Cameron - I see that now in the log, any pointers on how I could
> try and find that mem leak?
>
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 9:33 AM 'Cameron D' via weewx-user <
> weewx...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> looking at the last line of the log, weewx had been allocated VM
>> totalling 21GB, RSS 14GB.  Killing everything else is not going to make
>> much difference.

The only way is to step all the way back to square one and disable
'everything' you have enabled and then reenable them one-by-one until you
can figure out the offending piece of the puzzle.    Are you running a
large number of skins and extensions and other add-ons perhaps and one is
running amok ?  You haven't mentioned what you actually have installed and
enabled.

People run weewx on systems with as low as 128 MB of RAM, so this one is
highly unusual to say the least.

If it helps any, I have a small extension that will save the weewx memory
usage to a separate db and create a minimal skin+graphs of just that - see
github (link) <https://github.com/vinceskahan/vds-weewx-v3-mem-extension>
if you want to automate getting some data easily.