I have been tracking my memory usage in Weewx for some years.  I was seeing
slow memory leak until 10 months ago.  Since then VM total has bounced
between  290 or 350 MB - it would start at 290 then after some time jump to
350 and stay there until reboot. For the last 5 months has been a flat
290MB.

I'd start looking at those step increments and see if they coincide with
any particular events.