On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 11:16:31 +0200
Rainer Lang <lang.rai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> how can I make the imagegenerator create a plot where the rain is
> shown as accumulated rain by ... a line as top delimiter and the
> area below filled with some color

It's trivial to generate a cumulative bar plot.

>  [[[dayrain]]]
>      yscale = None, None, 0.02
>      plot_type = bar
>      [[[[rain]]]]
>          aggregate_type = cumulative
>          aggregate_interval = 900  # 15 minutes
>          label = Rain (hourly accumulation)

It is not so trivial to replace the WeeWX Image Generator with mine
that I ship with my Phenology Extension.  This adds support for the
fill_curve option ... among a great many other things.

>  [[[dayrain]]]
>      yscale = None, None, 0.02
>      plot_type = line
>      fill_curve = True
>      fill_color = "#72b2c420"
>      [[[[rain]]]]
>          aggregate_type = cumulative
>          aggregate_interval = 900  # 15 minutes
>          label = Rain (hourly accumulation)

Which produces the following screenshot seen here dressed in my
"Sperry 1100" theme:

o https://lacusveris.com/Screenshot%20from%202022-10-21%2011-23-42.png

"How to" details may be found at:

o https://lacusveris.com/Phenology/weewx_extension.shtml

One might say, though, that this approach is overkill in every sense.
Not only is installation and use of the Phenology Extension a fraught
process, but the Phenology Image Generator itself operates at somewhat
below peak efficiency.  And I note from the above screenshot that I
have not stretched the curve fill to include the ramp-up from the last
missing value on the left.  Oh, well ....

- --
.. Be Seeing You,
.. Chuck Rhode, Sheboygan, WI, USA
.. Weather:  http://LacusVeris.com/WX