I was referring to weewx-ecowitt (link)
<https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-gw1000> but I don't know if Ecowitt
supports backfill or not.  I don't need an archive here for my Ecowitt
gear, just current readings.

Ecowitt has too many components for me to keep track of, but I'm sure the
Ecowitt forum on wxforum.net (link)
<https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=111.0> has somebody who knows for
certain regarding compatibility of consoles vs. sensors.

Cheapest hardware setup is to buy the sensors you want and the $30 gateway
to integrate them so weewx can pick up all the readings from the gateway,
then display Belchertown (or any other skin) to a $40 Kindle Fire 7 or
bigger display.  Once you get the data into weewx displaying it is the easy
part.