Well...not exactly.  I didn't look to see what weewx does with the empty
server in the config, but either way rsync still works over ssh, which
isn't nfs.  Just straight using nfs, you soft link could link between your
weewx directory and your destination on the other machine.
Or you can set up passwordless ssh so that rsync works.  ssh uses keys, and
at least one (.pub) needs to be on the remote end.

What problem are you trying to solve?  Some more clear details would get
you a better answer.

Chris