On 04/03/2023 21:13, paul.ba...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,
I don't understand why you want to use rsync over NFS.
NFS juste does all the work for you.
Once the remote file system is  mounted, usually at boot or login depending on the setup, there is no more distinction between the local files and the remote ones.
So, in weewx.conf
   - disable rsync
   - set HTML_ROOT = <your NFS remote directory>
something like
         HTML_ROOT = /www/html/weewx
NFS will know where /www/ is installed, of course this is defined in the NFS setup.
Regards,     Paul
PS Remember, in the mid 80's  SUN said
            The network IS the computer

Thanks Paul,
I'd forgotten I'd set up NFS to share the pages I wanted to sync.

The reason I'm doing this is originally I had weewx with weewx-sdr running outside on a Pi fitted inside an old security camera that was capturing data using a cheap DVB-T USB stick. This would occasionally stop receiving data from one sensor so I upgraded to a Nooelec RTL-SDR v5. While I was finding time to replace the DVB-T stick I ran weewx on my server with the Nooelec.

This was working, but I didn't want to open up port 80 on the server to the outside world. So I was copying the data over to the Raspberry Pi which did have an outside connection.