I would endorse the 'if it aint broke, don't replace it' approach. I have a
1 GB 3B running the latest version of weewx and a number of other services
for home control, and there would still be plenty of spare capacity if I
could think of something else I wanted to do with it. An 8GB 4B would be
extreme overkill unless you have some other specific reasons for needing a
Pi with all that power.