Hi Gary and Jon,

I just got some time to look into this (and also made some notes for
myself):

First of all, the GW1000 driver provides a lot of sensor information, the
complete list is:

*Batteries*:
wh31_ch1_batt
wh31_ch2_batt
wh32_batt
wh40_batt
wh41_ch1_batt
wh51_ch1_batt
wh57_batt
ws80_batt
ws90_batt

*Signals*:
wh31_ch1_sig
wh31_ch2_sig
wh32_sig
wh40_sig
wh41_ch1_sig
wh51_ch1_sig
wh57_sig
ws80_sig
ws90_sig

Here is the complete LOOP package with relevant values:
{
   'wh31_ch1_batt': '0',
   'wh31_ch1_sig': '4',
   'wh31_ch2_batt': '0',
   'wh31_ch2_sig': '4',
   'wh32_batt': '0',
   'wh32_sig': '4',
   'wh40_batt': '1.39',
   'wh40_sig': '4',
   'wh41_ch1_batt': '5',
   'wh41_ch1_sig': '4',
   'wh51_ch1_batt': '1.3',
   'wh51_ch1_sig': '4',
   'wh57_batt': '4',
   'wh57_sig': '4',
   'ws80_batt': 'None',
   'ws80_sig': '0',
   'ws90_batt': '2.86',
   'ws90_sig': '4',
}

To be honest, I don't quite understand all of the fields, but I will try to
give an explanation and how to configure these fields in weewx-wdc:

Observations that show something like "Battery OK" or "Battery LOW" (where
0 is OK and 1 is LOW): `wh31_ch1_batt, wh31_ch2_batt, wh32_batt`, and
`wh41_ch1_batt, wh57_batt` (see
https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-gw1000/wiki/Sensor-battery-states). This
kind of observation needs to be added to
[DisplayOptions]sensor_battery_status in skin.conf.

*Note to me:* wh41_ch1_batt, wh57_batt using another representation of
Battery status, see
https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-gw1000/blob/master/supplementary/skins/Seasons/sensors.inc

and
https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-gw1000/wiki/Adapting-the-Seasons-skin-to-display-battery-states

(There are a few tweaks needed to support these fields)

Signal level observations: All *_sig observations like, wh31_ch1_sig,
wh31_ch2_sig, wh32_sig. I don't understand these: What is the signal level
here? Values seem to be `0` or `4` in that LOOP packet (looks like battery
state fields?).

Battery Voltages observations: wh40_batt, wh51_ch1_batt, ws80_batt,
ws90_batt. These should be added to any of
[DisplayOptions]sensor_stat_tile_observations,
[DisplayOptions]sensor_diagram_observations or
[DisplayOptions]sensor_table_observations in skin.conf.

So the problem with all these observations is basically (as far as I
understand, please correct me if I am wrong): WeeWX does not know about
them and does not save them to the database (but you will need this data to
show plots of the battery voltages for the last week for example). There
should be two ways to overcome this:

1. Add the fields provided by the GW1000 driver to the database, see
http://weewx.com/docs/latest/customizing.htm#Modifying_an_existing_database
2. Map the GW1000 fields to WeeWX schema fields (see
https://github.com/weewx/weewx/blob/master/bin/schemas/wview_extended.py#L16)
I assume that was somehow done for a short period of time because e.g.
rxCheckPercent or consBaterryVoltage are showing/having data for a few
days!?)

@Gary I don't quite understand what you have written about that:

*It is not necessary to do so if only displaying current values (ie values
from the current archive record)*

How would you show fields like wh41_ch1_batt from the current archive
record when the data is not saved? Am I missing something?