I have had good luck with the Davis WLL, though it is not my data source
for my primary weewx instance. I use it to feed my in home tablet displays.
I have run a SDR setup in the past and while it is NOT the easiest to
configure, it did work well once all the pieces were in place. I did need
to get a separate device (BMP380) to provide the barometer though. If you
run on a Pi, no problem doing that. I run off a PC with Proxmox, so I had
to add the Pi to have barometer.

If I were the OP, I'd get the additional hardware to do SDR.
Ecowitt may be cheaper, but it certainly isn't a Davis.