Exactly.

Or, alternatively, you can assign them to appropriate unit groups
<http://www.weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#Assigning_a_unit_group> in the
file user/extensions.py:

*import weewx.units*

*weewx.units.obs_group_dict['signal1'] = 'group_radiation'*
*weewx.units.obs_group_dict['signal2'] = 'group_temperature'*
*weewx.units.obs_group_dict['signal3'] = 'group_radiation'*

Then you would not need to specify a format and label. It would also allow
you to do things like

*The temperature is $current.signal2.degree_C ($current.signal2.degree_F)*

to publish the temperature in both ºC and ºF.

-tk