I was looking at the software used by local stations here on the Puget
Sound to find out what programs are used. I want to buy compatible
equipment first. Unfortunately this location is not really suitable for
wind speed measurement. Rain gage measurements may be innaccurate also due
to the trees.

I am new to weather reporting but as a sailor and outdoorsman I am very
interested in contributing to the " Weather-grid" but unsure My data will
help much without wind and rain figures.

Nonetheless I still want to have at least temperature and Barometric
pressure and would like a recomendation on equpment that will last. I'd
rather not contribute to the landfill!

Any advice would be great.