thanks Tom,

I had thought about putting rain = prefer_software but as this type of rain
configuration is not documented in the Weewx documentation (or at least I
didn't find it!) I didn't take the initiative. .. stupid I am ! :-(

little suggestion Tom, perhaps it would be good to document this point in
the [[Delta]] rain class?
Well, not everyone is ignorant like me!! :-))
Many thanks to you for your help Tom