It is easier to keep the mqtt data in a separate file.
So just add in your configuration.yaml the line

mqtt: !include mqtt.yaml

and create a separate mqtt.yaml file containing the data, you have exported
from weewx into your mqtt broker.
My mqtt.yaml looks like (be careful with the indentations!):

sensor:
  - name: weather_station_outtemp_c
    unique_id: uniqueid__weather_outtemp_c
    icon: mdi:thermometer
    state_topic: "weather/outTemp_C"
    value_template: "{{ value | round(1) }}"
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
  - name: weather_station_intemp_c
    unique_id: uniqueid__weather_intemp_c
    icon: mdi:thermometer
    state_topic: "weather/inTemp_C"
    value_template: "{{ value | round(1) }}"
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
  - name: weather_station_extratemp1_c
    unique_id: uniqueid__weather_extratemp1_c
    icon: mdi:thermometer
    state_topic: "weather/extraTemp1_C"
    value_template: "{{ value | round(1) }}"
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"

This is just the top of the file. There are a lot more of state/topics, and
they must meet those, which you have uploaded to the mqtt broker.
HTH
Peter