Russell Swan <russell...@comcast.net> writes:

> Hi, daylight saving time happened last night and my rain total
> ($day.rain.sum) for the day does not equal that on the Davis Vantage Pro2.
> The console reads 0.73" and weewx puts out 0.52". Interestingly, my Steel
> Gauges indicate the correct 0.73". I think an hour of rain was dropped.

Why do you assume the console is correct?  This is an edge case where
bugs continuing to exist is likely.

If daily rain is midnight to midnight, as is the US custom, then daily
rain on March 10 will be for 23 hours.

I suspect the difference is between

  [0000 3/11]  - [0000 3/10]

and

  [0000 3/11] - [24 hours earlier]

I think the first expression is correct.

I would look at the hourly rain values and add them up and figure out
which is right.

Did you have 0.21" from 2300 on the 9th to 0000 on the 10th?  I had
0.10" during that hour (also in MA, but rain is spatially quite
variabl).   If so, that explains it.  If not, more investigation is
warranted :-)

Greg