On Nov 26, 2005, at 11:06 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 22:47:32 -0500,
  "john w. bjerk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Re: "everyone doing their own thing"  Maybe i'm confused because I
was away from Wesnoth for a year, But it's not clear to me what most
of the Dev's roles are.  A few have titles on the forum, even that
only goes so far.  (Jetryl's more than merely an "Art Developer")
Maybe people are doing their own thing because when things are
thoroughly discussed it's not clear who has the final word, or who's
responisble for which part.  If these roles have been given, where
can they be disovered?

I think the main advantage of doing your own thing is that you are doing. I have gotten a bit of an idea where I can fool around and just let people know what I am doing and where I should ask first. It makes it easier to
get stuff done if I don't have to ask before doing anything.
Some mistakes will get made using this approach, but unless the leads have
the timeand inclination to do a lot of hands on direction, I think the
trade off is worth it.
People have bios on the wiki. Mine should probably be updated, since I have picked up some new areas of expertise in the two months since I filled it out, but I did try to give an indication of what I thought I would be working on. I don't think there is any category to person mapping, and generally that is
more useful than person to category. So maybe it would be useful to do
something more structured in that regard.

BWolf, I didn't mean to imply that Wesnoth should be so structured that individual developer's initiative is stifled, just that a little more organization wouldn't hurt.

OK, i did something more useful than complaining. :) I added a wiki page:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Developers
It lists every project member as found on GNA by their nick. (except i put Dave on top) For the 5 developers whose Bio i could find, their name is a link to their bio.

Organizing the list by somehow might be good, along with devs adding their bio. I put in nearly all the information i know.

-eleazar