On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 20:51:33 -0400,
  "Eric S. Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Would it be possible to have the update script issue svn rename commands,
> > rather than just renaming files. I found it a bit annoying that svn didn't
> > know the music files (in the test run) were just renamed and it downloaded
> > fresh copies when I did an update. This was probably a worst case scenario,
> > but even for text files it would still be nicer to avoid having to
> > redownload
> > files that have only (or mostly) just had name changes.
>
> upconvert doesn't actually do any fike renames.  I did those myself using
> svn mv,  If svn rename really has better semantics (something I had no idea
> about) I'll do that in the future.

To the best of my understanding svn mv and svn rename are aliases for each
other. So it should have worked. My checkout should have been less than a week
out of date, so I wouldn't have expected a big change that would have
required redownloading the files. Maybe it is a deficiancy in subversion.
I am also running svn 1.3.2, which isn't the latest version. But I would
have expect it to do this right.

So it sounds like you did try to do things right, the command isn't really part
of upconvert in any case, and something went wrong for me. (I don't know
if anyone else saw the same thing when they updated.) So there isn't anything
to change.